Monday, February 8, 2010

JoyfulD*sign














Looking for wonderful Sea glass jewelry that is eye catching but friendly to today's budgets? Check out JoyfulD*signs!

Each piece is so special. Denise takes such care with every detail. I was truly in awe as I browsed her shop. I would think I had found my favorite and then I would see another of her beautiful creations!

Let's get to know her a bit better in her own words:

"I have been walking beaches and collecting things since I was a little girl. I used to pick up stones and shells - if only I had known then that the Great Lakes and oceans produce these beautiful gems called mermaids’ tears. What a collection I could have had! I discovered mermaids’ tears, better known as sea glass, while walking the beaches of South Florida ten years ago after my 20 year long marriage ended. During those long walks, I picked up sea glass while I talked to God, fascinating by the beauty and mystery of the frosty gems.

Creating and crafting is a way of life for me. So it wasn’t long before I decided that I needed to design something with my quickly growing collection. I was inspired to start my business by my loving and creative mom, Joyce, the JOY in JOYful D*Sign. I hope she’s really proud of the work I’m doing! Although she is gone, her love and inspiration live on in my work. My favorite medium is sea glass and I am obsessed with dragonflies which often land in my work.

My style is light and airy - you won't find anything overbearing or overstated in my shop. I want the beauty of the sea glass to speak for itself. I gravitate toward the colors of the ocean so you will see lots of blues, greens and aquas. But I don't discriminate - I love COLOR! I was fascinated by the Crayola 64 Box of Crayons when I was a kid. If you don't see a color combination you like - contact me and we can design it together!

Long walks on the beach hunting for sea glass are always a must – for relaxation and to shore up the supplies so I can keep the creations coming. My sea glass is all authentic and unaltered, found along the coasts of South Florida, the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Canada, and England. Major thanks to my boyfriend, Tim, who hunts with me (and on his own sometimes) and who does all the drilling for my projects! When I’m not making jewelry or some other hand beaded creation - my other specialty is kaleidoscopes, I love to knit, crochet, cross stitch, and enjoy my 16 year old puppy, Peanut."

There are so many beautiful creations in Denise's shop, it is hard to choose a favorite! The Victorian Pearl Dragonfly earrings are gorgeous! The Victorian Valentine red and white sea glass necklace is also a stunner! It is so dainty and feminine. I could go on and on!

She also has a newly created $10 section of earrings that are wonderful!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/JoyfulDsign?section_id=6754051

Check out Denise's shop at http://JoyfulDsign.etsy.com.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who is/was so excited about a new box of crayons.

    ReplyDelete