Sunday, August 9, 2009

Vintage Feature #7 - MFVintage




Getting to know Marie, right at the start we had two things in common:vintage and a family history of the name Marie. I got to know a lot more about her and her wonderful shop and I think you should too!

I asked Marie for a little history on how she got into Vintage. Here is her response:
"Vintage is fairly new to me. It began in January to help my parents to sell some of their collections. Seems that they saved everything from both of my grandparents' houses in addition to everything that they had. Found every card we ever sent them, even ones as kids...
Since they both recently passed away, we're trying to find new homes for everything. Dad had over 100 pieces of brass. Many of the items listed in the shop so far were my grandmother's or great grandmothers.

We just opened a steamer trunk that had been stored with my Great grandmother's clothing, wigs, hairpieces, and children's toys in it. Along with some letters. Finding lots of interesting things as we go through the house. Can't keep it all, so trying to find others to adopt the treasures."

There are so many unique items waiting to be "adopted" from MFVintage. I already have a few favorites. First is the silk Vera scarf. The green trim and the red floral are beautiful. My paternal grandmother collected bells so the vintage Brass Lady Bell was an item close to my heart. This is a pretty lady with a full skirt bell. She's holding a basket of flowers and her three-tiered layer skirt is imprinted with a flower pattern. So unique! MFVintage has a great selection of vintage jewelry. My favorite piece is the Purple and Green Rhinestone Flower clip earrings. There are purple rhinestones in the center of purple flowers, surrounded with smaller Aurora Borealis rhinestone flowers with small purple centers, and accented with green rhinestones, all on a green painted leafy base.

To see all these beautiful item visit http://MFvintage.etsy.com. Also for quality handmade knitted items visit Marie's other shop http://MFcrafts.etsy.com.


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful feature...I love getting to know my fellow Etsy vintage "shop-keeps" a little better!
    Juli~Comfuzzled

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice presentation of a wonderful and talented lady. I enjoy her participation on the vintage forum.
    Dan ** DDB7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feature, 3Maries, I love researching all the treasures, I'm learning so much about vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore vintage items. Thank you so much for featuring all these great sellers!
    Even though it hurts my wallet a little. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie from Mfvintage is a wonderful lady! I enjoy chatting with her on the Vintage thread. Another nice write up by 3Maries
    Anita-Rolling Hills Vintage

    ReplyDelete