Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Crafted By Design










Crafted by Design specializes in sewn crafts, crocheted items, and wood-turning. Custom orders are available for all slings, aprons, hair bows, and pens/fire pistons. Their work is awesome!

Let's get to know a little more about the shop owners in their own words:

"I have always loved to craft, and enjoy trying new techniques. I am a stay at home mom to 5 lovely children ranging in age from 1-15. Between my children, my crafting, and the elementary PTO (where I am Vice President), I am just about always busy!
All the woodworking is done by my husband, when he is not busy with his "real" job, or his side businesses (yes, he has more than one!).
The jewelry is made by my mother-in-law. She is a very talented artist in many areas, but jewelry is the only one of her talents we've been able to convince her to try to sell some of her work.

My favorite item would have to be the black and green ring sling! My personal ring sling saved my sanity with my last child, so I have a special fondness for them, and this particular turned out so pretty! I love that the pocket is nearly invisible, even when you know it is there!"


There is so much to choose from in the Crafted By Design shop. There is such a wide array of different items. The woodcraft item that caught my attention was the Wood Business Card Holder. It is made with 2 contrasting hardwoods (Paduak and Maple). It easily holds 25 business cards. They can be carried in a pocket or bag while closed, but can also be opened and placed on a desk or table for easy access. Each business card hold is made to order. This is a very attractive piece!

There are so many great crochet items too. My favorite is the Pumpkin Hat. It is adorable! The hat comes adorned with crocheted green stem, vines and leaf. The brim can be rolled down to give a little more growing room, or to cover the ears in icy weather. It is available in a wide selection of sizes. This little hat is perfect for Halloween or just festive for the Fall season!

The Ring Slings are a must for any mother to a young child! They come in a wide variety of colors. They also can be custom made!

There is so much more to see than these few items! Visit http://CraftedByDesign.etsy.com.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for choosing our shop. We truely love what we do and couldn't contine to do it without others like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the feature Kerianne! You've got wonderful items!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shop is great! I love that you have a variety of items made by different people in your family. The necklaces are really cool!

    ReplyDelete