Monday, September 14, 2009

Night Owl Craftworks


Night Owl Craftworks is a great shop with great handmade journals, sketchbooks, stamps, and much more.

All the books are hand bound by Sally. The stamps are carved by her husband from his original drawings.

I asked Sally what was one of her favorite items from her shop, this was her response:

"Right now it's the sketchbooks with tie. I am always looking for a new twist to the traditional, and still be very functional. I like the thought of people actually using these journals & sketchbooks rather than having them collect dust. My husband has many journals that he kept of his artwork from college and it's nice to go through those and see how far he's come in his artwork.

I try to take custom orders as they come. If someone has a certain thing they are looking for, I try to work with them as best as I can. I like to be challenged to try new designs or different types of books."

It's hard to choose favorites for me in this shop! Every item is so beautiful!

The ACEO Holder "The Little Black Book" is a unique item. It is 4" tall, by 3.5" wide, made with brown kraft paper, textured black hard cover and a neat little green ribbon to keep the aceo's secure. It has 12 pockets to tuck away your collection.

Plaid your thing? Then you will love the Large Irish Plaid Journal. It contains 50 pages, 100 pages front & back of crisp white paper.
It's made of acid-free materials. The binding thread is a heavy waxed linen thread. This book is ideal for jotting down ideas and doodles.

With my love of sketching, the Candied Flowers Sketchbook was the first item that caught my eye. Beautifully crafted it is made much like the journals, just a different size.

Visit http://nightowlcraftwork.etsy.com to find all these great journals, sketchbooks, and more!
You stay connected with Sally on her blog and Twitter:
www.nightowlcraftworks.blogspot.com
www.twitter.com/nightowlcraft

****Special discount for The3Marie's readers!! Type "I heart The3Maries" in the message to seller field until the end of September 2009 and receive 10% off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment