Thursday, September 24, 2009

Teresa's Quilts















I have found a very talented quilter on Etsy. Teresasquilts is a must see quilt shop! Each of her creations has such detail!



I asked Teresa to tell us a little about herself, this was her response:


"My passion is quilting. I have two wonderful grandchildren and love to sew for them. I also like to give quilts to friends and family. The only reason I sell my work is to support my "habit" of sewing for others.

My favorite item is "Toss the Bouquet". That quilt was a challenge for me, so I am very pleased that I was able to complete it.

I also do one-of-a-kind "photo memory quilts". They are great family treasures that allow me to make personal connections, and of course are fun for me to make. Creating a family heirloom is an extremely meaningful experience and gives me satisfaction beyond words."

With so many beautiful creations, it was very hard to narrow it down to three favorites! The Toss the Bouquet is one of Teresa and my favorites! That is one gorgeous quilt! It is a terrific pattern and the colors all work so well together. This quilt fits a queen or king size bed. It features a prairie points border that adds that special extra detail. The back is handsewn and high-loft batting is used to add extra thickness and comfort.

Another quilt that caught my eye was the Purple Passion. Teresa used beautiful shades of purple and gold for this one. The framing of the center is outlined with gold ribbon. The binding is done in gold satin. It has been machine pieced and quilted with coordinating purple thread. The Purple Passion has an oriental theme. It is made to fit a full size bed.

The quilted wall hangings from Teresasquilts are a must see too! The Budding Beauty is my favorite. It features a dark background, an earth tone vase with a bright cheery bouquet of flowers. It also features prairie points for part of it's framing.

This is just a few of Teresa's many creations. To see them all visit http://teresasquilts.etsy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment